Friday, January 11, 2013

2OFOOTNOTES TO A BRIEF HISTORY OF REVERSING “HOW THINGS HURRY”



(1) Suppose, that I were to Begin, by Saying, that I have Fallen in Love, with an Objection to my History; Suppose then, I were to Say this as Though, I was Skirting along what Might Resemble, the Edge of a Confession; Suppose then, I Flipped over the Table, as we Spoke, to Reveal, that Underneath, was Something that Began:---àSlōlōly…” which was an Aspiration, an Aching, or something Totally on the Other-Side and Thus: Preparing to come Forth and Adhere, so Desperately, to an Extreme

(2) Now Suppose, that Everything that I will Continue to Say, will be Alarmingly Personal

(3) This is just a little Dance I like to Call: “The Elliptic-Flip

(4) Ah, but so many Years later, I will Find: A Body no longer Doesn’t: Engage in a “Does-This…”

(5) So He Began to Investigate Whether a Person could, Honestly, Forget the City in which, He was Born

(6) Or: What IS a Gentle Presence then~?

(7) Oh, Here Comes that Little Ogre in the Throat

(8) Does the Person Who Says: “I Sink Not” Sink Not~?

(9) I’ll Still Fuck You if Not…” She Said

(10) The Ways in Which to Fit yourself in a Sigh of a Slit

(11)  “I Couldn’t, I Wouldn’t, but then I fucking Did”

(12) Closing your Eyes you think: “If it weren’t for this Hunger, I wouldn’t have Batted a Lash….”

(13) Running your Hand along the Rail of a Staircase in the Monadnock Building

(14) A Fold Sketches “What it Means to Move” within the Gap of a Body, or Coming to the “End of the Line” and all of its Propriety Expectations, or Awaiting Horrors, and “IF SO”, it’s the Ensuing Result, after the Subject and its Description, Becomes Skewed, that a Night earlier, He was at this Exact Spot, when He lifted His Eyes, Lit a Match and watched that Smile Come into Focus

(15) The Objection Remains only in-so-far as it Suggests that it Might Leave

(16) No, it is a Carnival of Exile in Order to Give unto Oneself an Immense Attempt at Pleasure

(17) Every Moment that I am Separated from You, I am Honestly Awaiting a Catastrophe

(18) The Very Dialysis of Desire

(19) In this Dilapidated City, in this Rehearsal for the Reversal of-----àThe Way Things Hurry…”

(20) Aye, This is only the Irritating Obligation I Feel to Fulfill the Objection I Space, in my Body, which Forms into the Whimpering Yelp: “Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh My Dear…”